Information About Our Library Program
- Students attend library class once each week.
- The number of books students check out each week is dependent on their grade level (K: 1 book, First: 2 books, Second: 2 books, Third: 3 books, 2/3 Quest: 3 books, Fourth: 4 books, Fifth: 4 books, 4/5 Quest: 4 books)
- Students keep their books for 2 weeks before the books are considered overdue.
- If you think you have lost a library book, just keep looking for it! Books are almost never lost. They have just taken a field trip to somewhere like under a bed. Eventually, if you really cannot find the book, if you choose, you can send a replacement copy into the library. Replacement copies can be purchased from any bookseller. They do not need to be special library copies.
Join the Celebration Book Club!
Want to celebrate a life event by donating a book to the library? Just purchase a book off our Amazon wish list, complete a form and send the items to school. A special nameplate will be added to the book to forever commemorate the special event and show that your child donated the book to the library. Click HERE for more information and the form. Click HERE to visit our Amazon wish list.
Fourth and Fifth Grade Amazing Reading Challenge!
The Amazing Reading Challenge (ARC) is a reading contest available for 4th and 5th grade students. Our challenge has begun for the year! We have 125 students participating in 25 teams that will compete to determine who will go on to face off with teams at the regional level. Our school competitions will begin in late January and run into March. Our winning team will progress to the regional final competition. That competition will take place on March 21st at Carson Elementary at 6:00pm.
Student grades in library class are based upon effort. Click HERE to view more information about library grading policies.
The library is open to students and parents for 15 minutes before and after school most days of the week. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday: 9:05 - 9:20 and 3:50-4:05
- Tuesday: 3:50-4:05
- Wednesday: 9:05-9:20
- Thursday: 9:05-9:20 and 3:50-4:05
- Friday: 9:05-9:20 and 3:50-4:05
Stop by to check out books or say hi!
- Sora: Access to eBooks
- Research and Homework Help: Grades K-5
- Includes links to databases and library catalogs
- AR Book Finder
Search for book titles based on authors, topics, or titles of books.
- Find Good Books
Looking for a good book? Try These websites for award-winners.
- Elementary School Students: Useful Databases
Includes descriptions of what is in each database
- King County Library Student Accounts
Find websites to assist with school assignments.